- Earlier fruit production – initial harvest at 24 months after planting with a yield of 8-10 tonnes FFB/hectare
- Initial Yield (3-8 years) average >26 tonnes FFB/hectare; in favourable conditions can easily achieve 36 tonnes FFB/hectare
- Oil extraction rate of >24%
- Kernel oil extraction rate >6%
- Total oil production >9 tonnes/hectare
- Low levels of chimera or crown disease in the nursery and field
- Adaptable to a wide range of environments
- Planting density of 136 palms/hectare ensures maximum production
- Dura contamination in the field < 0.1%.
The present DAMI MAS Pisifera pollen for DxP seed production is derived from DM 742 progeny, descendants of the well-known Avros BM119, introduced into DAMI MAS in 1996 via DAMI OPRS. The DM742 derived pisiferas have been well proven in oil palm breeding trials and commercial fields in all main oil palm growing areas, especially Indonesia and Malaysia. DAMI Mas continues to use P pollen derived from DM742 imported from DAMI OPRS while progeny testing is being carried out with DAMI Mas DM742 derived pisiferas. These pisiferas will gradually replace the imported DM742 derived pisiferas.
Performance of DxP DAMI MAS
Dami Mas DxP Seeds are renowned for their performance:
Komp. PTB Blok 1A/11